state farm yakima provides a variety of add-ons for its homeowner’s policies, in addition to the standard coverage that most homeowners’ policies provide, such as responsibility for other people’s injuries in your home and coverage for your personal property.
One of them, the “increased dwelling cap,” is free and will automatically increase your replacement cost coverage by 20% if you’ve insured your home at least up to the estimated replacement cost. This is how it works: Let’s say your home is estimated to cost $200,000 to restore by State Farm, so that’s the amount of dwelling coverage you’ve chosen on your policy. If a catastrophe hits your area and building costs rise. As a result, State Farm will automatically pay up to 20% extra to repair your home — a total of $240,000.
Additional coverage options are available for a fee, including:
- Protection against sewage or drain backups.
- Security from identity theft and cyber-attacks.
- Coverage in the event of a natural disaster.
- Liability insurance for those who provide in-home infant or adult care, as well as those who work in some professions like nursing.
- Coverage for buildings outside of your home’s boundaries.
- Rental homes that are leased out for more than 30 nights a year are covered.
- Liability protection from libel, defamation, and other types of personal injury lawsuits.
- Damaged underground power lines are covered by service line coverage.
- Coverage for a more energy-efficient water heater, air conditioner, or heating device to replace a broken one.
- Theft, vandalism, and broken glass coverage if your house is unoccupied for more than 30 days.
- Costs of compliance with building codes or zoning regulations are included.
- Various compensation choices when a new house is being built, such as theft of construction materials and liability in a temporary residence.
- Coverage for home organizations such as heaters and midair conditioners that fail.
- Coverage for those who do certain forms of work from home on an as-needed basis.
- Coverage for your share of a loss that affects all homeowners’ association members.
- Liability compensation if a waterbed causes harm to other people’s land.
Before choosing any of these extra coverage choices, read the fine print or ask your agent to go through any relevant restrictions and exclusions with you.
Consumer experience with State Farm home insurance
State Farm’s website is simple and easy to use, enabling you to request a quote or file a claim right from the home page. Your State Farm homeowners claim can also be tracked online. If you need to speak to a live person about a problem, the corporation’s “Search an agent” tool is also simple to use.
One good feature is the ability to access certain tasks without logging in with a password, such as paying your bill, enrolling in autopay, and getting your ID cards.
The State Farm website has useful information for homeowners, but it takes a little scrolling to find it. Look for in-depth advice in the Simple Insights section of the blog.
App: You can use the State Farm mobile app to access policy details, file a claim, and make payments in several ways, including using Apple or Android Pay. You may also use the app to access State Farm’s banking and investing services.